Workshops and Meetings
FPD Annual Training Workshop 6-9 June 2022 Join us in Norfolk, VA!
The FPD Executive Committee is pleased to announce the 2022 FPD Annual Training Workshop. Details including registration, agenda, and location details can be found on the Annual Workshop webpage. Any questions may be directed to the Workshop Chair, Abbey Ness, at FPDWorkshopChair@gmail.com.
Date and Location
The 2022 FPD Annual Training Workshop will be held from June 6-9, 2022 at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.
Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel
777 Waterside Dr, Norfolk, VA 23510
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 11:00 am
Smoke Free Property
Please make your reservation under the FPD room block using the link below:
Book your group rate for 2022 Federal Planning Division Annual Training Workshop.
Registration is open! Better Together - Register Now!
Agency Sessions and Workshop Schedule
The workshop agenda is now live! Get the details here: FPD 2022 Workshop Program
The call for awards is now closed. Award winners will be announced at the FPD Annual Training Workshop in June 2022.
If you’re a current or recently graduated student, we’d love to have you come to the FPD workshop and learn more about federal planning. Please stay tuned for more details.
The annual workshop would not take place without the support of dedicated Federal planning volunteers. Email FPDWorkshopChair@gmail.com to sign up if you would like to support. Workshop committees include the following:
- AGENCY COMMITTEE: conducts outreach to, and solicits involvement, from a wide range of federal agencies
- AWARDS COMMITTEE: manages the FPD Awards Program, establishes scoring criteria, coordinates submissions and jury involvement, announces the awards (*The Awards Committee does not judge the awards program. A call for jurors will be sent out at a later date.*)
- DESIGN COMMITTEE: puts together digital and printed workshop materials, including advertisements, workshop program, signage, and the workshop app. Committee members should be familiar with Excel, InDesign, and/or Canva.
- EVENTS COMMITTEE: plans special events outside of the educational sessions (e.g., networking events, awards ceremony, mobile tours), handles venue setup and food details
- PROGRAM COMMITTEE: coordinates the session proposal application process and selects sessions for presentation at the workshop
- SPONSORSHIP COMMITTEE: compiles sponsorship opportunities and recruits workshop sponsors
- STUDENT COMMITTEE: solicits student involvement from local universities and student FPD members
*We would also appreciate having on site volunteers who can help introduce speakers, coordinate A/V issues, sit at the registration desk, etc. If you are interested in being an on-site volunteer, please indicate so in your email or in the Google form.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Abbey Ness, Workshop Chair, at FPDWorkshopChair@gmail.com with any additional comments or questions. We will post information about the workshop on this site and in email blasts to the FPD listserv as soon as we have details available.
If you are not currently an FPD member, you will not receive the email blasts about the workshop. Please check the status of your membership and join FPD if your membership has lapsed. More information about FPD membership is available at this site: https://federal.planning.org/membership/
Workshop details can be found on the Annual Workshop page.
Connect with Planning Professionals from Around the World
The Federal Planning Division holds an annual training workshop, typically adjacent to the National APA conference. This allows members to easily attend both events. FPD’s workshop brings together professionals from various Federal agencies and focuses on topics relevant to planning on lands impacted by Federal actions.
The workshop includes opportunities for planners across the world to network and build long standing relationships. In addition to education, collaboration, and networking, the FPD annual workshop includes our flagship awards program which highlights the best in Federal planning work.
FPD also offers a variety of meetings throughout the year including an annual business meeting and regional workshops. Check back here for updates!
FPD Webinar Series
The Federal Planning Division of the APA is excited to share our ongoing Webinar Series. Join us to learn about innovative planning approaches and get those CMs. We look forward to “seeing” you there!